Friday, December 2, 2011

French people smoke a lot...

When I arrived in Paris I was shocked to see that not just grown-ups smoke, but kids as young as ten years old! Apparently smoking here is a social norm and kids as well as teenagers want to look cool by smoking like the other kids. My brother said that a while ago he saw some ten year old boys smoking a bong! About a week ago a girl in my class asked the teacher if she could step outside and smoke and he allowed her to. Teachers don't prohibit students to smoke and they themselves do it. I see them in the corner of the school smoking away all the time. The teachers also smoke with the kids outside during break. How strange. I don't think I've seen many kids in my school back at home smoking cigarettes. Anyway, thought I'd share that because I found it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment