Saturday, September 10, 2011

Breakthrough

Yesterday I followed my new friend, Alexandra and a few other girls to the gym for PE. I didn't expect us to be traveling on the metro, so I hadn't brought a ticket. We checked that the coast was clear and I slipped with them, past the ticket barrier after Alexandra had scanned her card. 
When we arrived at the gym all of us had to choose a sport to play and I chose basketball with some other girls I knew. Next we did common drills and ran for 3 minutes. It was not hard at all but it was hot outside. Basketball was easy but I didn't enjoy it. I think it's supposed to just be a guy sport..
After PE, walking to the locker rooms with some girls, I wished right then that I could communicate with them. I made an effort, forgot about sounding perfect and ended up having a conversation with the girls. It was a great feeling for me, because that entire week I hadn't been able to communicate with any of the kids in French.

2 comments:

  1. Sounding stupid is a necessary condition for learning a language. Good job

    ReplyDelete