Saturday, October 1, 2011

My first day of school

I have only been studying French for 3 months, so I cannot yet understand full sentences or write in French. The first day was stressful and confusing. I had no idea which classes I was taking, where I was supposed to go, or what the teachers were saying. The worst part was that while the teachers talked, the students would write and I couldn't keep up so I just sat there staring at the wall.  Luckily some of the kids knew a little bit of English so they helped me out. It was funny because a French girl tried to make conversation with me, but her English was as bad as my French so we had a hard time communicating. We ended up drawing pictures and using hand signals.  At the end of the day I had a headache. It was funny to think that I had sat in a French school for an entire day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment