Monday, October 31, 2011

Fancy 6 course meal

While I was in Valence with my family we got invited by some friends of my parents to a fancy restaurant    in the countryside. We all ordered a 6 course meal and I was already almost full by the appetizer. The first course that went around were the drinks. Next for the appetizer my brother, Luke and I both ordered a dish of ravioli with this really good type of shrimp inside a creamy sauce. Then the main course was sliced duck with a dish of pumpkin, potato and mushrooms. We drank a good red wine as well as a sweet white wine called muscat. Then came a dish with several delicious French cheeses. I ordered a wild goat cheese with cream on the top, which was really good. For dessert I ordered 3 small rich chocolate macaroons with ice cream in the middle. I thought the meal was over but then the second set of drinks went around! Thankfully my drink was just a small tea cup sized coffee. It was an amazing meal but I was so full that it literally hurt to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment